The Weakening Curse spells are a group of modifiers that causes projectiles to inflict a status effect similar to Vulnerable caused by Turvattomuusmestari, making afflicted targets take x0.25 more damage from the respective type. Since this is a status effect, using more than one curse will not give an additional effect (you can still use several different curses). Enemies afflicted with a curse will have an icon of the respective damage type above their heads.
- Despite what the description says, the x0.25 bonus is additive, not multiplicative (i.e. an enemy with a x0.5 damage multiplier will take x0.75 damage with the curse, rather than x0.625).
- Meaning that enemies with a x0 damage multiplier afflicted with the respective curse will take x0.25 damage, effectively ignoring immunities such as Kammolukki and Vakoilija.
- Even have wider utility than Venomous Curse since Syväolento immune to latter.
Curse trick - Weakening exploit
You can exploit Turvattomuusmestari to modify your damage multiplier, effectively making various attack types heal you. However, Perk immunities will block this effect. The guides below, explain in more detail. While reducing your electricity damage multipliers to 0 or less appears to block the Stunned status effect, reducing various damage multipliers to 0 or less does not appear to block the Dazed status effect from these damage sources (at least in some cases).
Weakening mage trick
- Text version of image:
- What weakening mage's debuff does
- Disable immunities
- Remember where the target's damage multipliers were
- Set the target's damage multipliers to 1.2
- At the end of the debuff, set the multipliers back to the values in memory.
- What weakening curses do
- They increase damage multipliers by 0.25, then reduce the same amount when the curse ends.
- Example of the trick happening
- You have 1.0 damage multi against projectiles. Mage hits you and sets that to 1.2. You wait for the debuff to have 4 seconds remaining and hit yourself with Projectile Weakening Curse. Mage's debuff ends and sets your multi back to 1.0. Weakening curse ends and reduces it to 0.75 meaning you take less damage from projectiles. Repeat this trick to bring the multi down further, eventually becoming a negative value.
- Now projectiles heal you instead. Works with all weakening curses.