Toxic sludge is a liquid Material that can be found through out the game. Touching a sufficient amount of it will stain the player (or any other creature), which deals 2% of max HP in damage per second, unless current HP is at or below that amount. Because it stops at =<2% HP, the player will never actually be killed directly from stain damage.
Toxic sludge does not evaporate near normal fire but throwing Kiuaskivi into a pool of toxic sludge will evaporate it, creating toxic gas in the process.
It can be most easily washed off through the use of Water, but other liquids can also be used to overwrite it.
Hiisi enemies are vulnerable to toxic sludge as they take more damage from it than most enemies. They can be killed with it.
Drinking[edit | edit source]
Drinking toxic sludge will cause the "poisoned" effect, gradually lowering your HP.
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Toxic sludge is encountered throughout the game, but most frequently in pools and vats in the Mines, Coal Pits, Hiisi Base and The Vault.
- May appear in procedurally generated Potions.
- Some enemies will bleed toxic sludge when damaged, for example the Limanuljaska and its ilk.
- It will be expelled from leaking or exploding green barrels.
- Temporarily created by the Toxic Mist spell.
Transmutations[edit | edit source]
|Toxic Sludge + Water||more Water||This is useful for "purifying" pools of Toxic Sludge with a Water Potion.|
|Toxic Sludge + Swamp||more Swamp||Similarly, this can be used to safely clear out pools of the liquid.|
|Toxic Sludge + Mud||Swamp||The resulting Swamp will in turn convert the remaining Toxic Sludge into more Swamp.|
|Toxic Sludge + Lava||Toxic Rock and Toxic Gas||Unlike Toxic Sludge, both products can kill the player unless they have Toxic Immunity.|
|Toxic Sludge + Polymorphine||Chaotic Polymorphine||The Toxic Sludge is not consumed by this interaction.|