A spell modifier that causes a projectile to pierce through enemies as it flies, but also causes the projectile to be able to harm the caster.
This means the projectile will not dissipate when hitting enemies, nor when hitting the ground. It will deal its damage on every game frame it is inside a monster.
Some projectiles can't hit enemies every game frame. These projectiles will thus deal damage at a slower rate.
- As an extremely mana-hungry modifier this is best used with slower-firing wands shooting high-value projectiles.
- As said above, this modifier will cause the projectile to be able to harm the caster, so players should take care.
- Has great synergy with Homing, as the projectile will travel back and forth through the same enemy, dealing huge amounts of damage over time. Couple with Increase Duration and/or Drilling Shot for even greater effect.
- Can make a Heal Projectile continuously heal you when shot at the ground or when coupled with Boomerang, increasing its efficiency many times over.
- When applied to a trigger spell, the trigger will shoot its payload for each frame it's inside a monster, potentially greatly improving the mana efficiency of the spell combo.
- If the lifetime of the projectile is no longer than 5 frames, then friendly-fire will not actually be enabled. (In this case the projectile will not be able to hit the player at all, so triggers, for example, won't work on the player, but they will still work on enemies and the ground).
- Some spells that have a special property of penetrating entities behave poorly in combination with Piercing Shot - Tentacle, Worm Launcher, Long-Distance Cast, Freezing Gaze, Return, Magic Guard, Chain Bolt, Teleporting Cast, Warp Cast. These will only apply their damage (or any damage from modifiers) to the enemy once.