While the game does not acknowledge it, the Lava Lake acts like it has a special unnamed Biome Modifier, which acts as a amplified version of the Hot modifier. Not only do materials ignite and water quickly evaporate, but any solid material softer than and including Rock will melt into lava. Volcanic Rock, being made from Blood + Lava, is resistant to this effect.
On the eastern bank of the lake is a narrow cave leading to the chasm or shaft, which itself leads down to the Snowy Depths. The top of the chasm has a simple suspension bridge.
On the left wall of this chasm, a small crack can be found. This crack leads to the Racetrack and Karl the kart.
Flying over the chasm leads you to another Orb of True Knowledge. In this orb room is an invisible trigger which will spawn Sauvojen Tuntija just under the bridge spanning the chasm. It is possible to avoid the trigger.
- Crossing the lava lake is very straightforward if you have a flask with blood or water handy, just spray it in front of you as you advance.
- Additionally, you can use some Acceleratium and your normal levitation to fly across.
- Reaching the orb room at the bottom can be done in several different ways, including using Lava To Blood, or digging into the room either from the side or above.
- The simplest and most reliable way to get into the orb room requires a single charge of the Black Hole spell. Simply descend the left wall of the chasm under the bridge and listen for the sound emitted by the orb. When you begin to hear it, move around the wall until you find the point at which it is loudest and fire your black hole straight left. Alternatively, use Luminous Drill or Matter Eater.
- (Note: there is a bug in the current release (as of 11/5/2020) where the volcanic rock has an alchemy interaction which instantly melts it into lava again.)
- This replaced the previous version's events where enemy spawns or a cave-in would occur on picking up the orb.