Follow the instructions based on your chosen approach. Mods work exactly the same on Linux, simply adjust your install paths accordingly.
- Find your mod in the Steam Workshop
- Click subscribe.
Mods will be automatically extracted to
- Download a mod. From ModWorkshop, or whatever other source.
- Go to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Noita\mods\and extract it there.
- Make sure the file
mod.xmlis on the first level of the downloaded mod folder
- If the mod has any mod-dependencies, repeat these same steps for them as well.
Manual from Steam
If you find yourself in a situation where you have bought Noita elsewhere than Steam, but some really cool mod is found only on Steam Workshop:
- Get the Mod URL and input it here: https://steamworkshopdownloader.io/
- Extract the mod as usual as instructed above
- Go to your new mod folder, find
mod_id.txtin the root of the folder
- The text file has a single "word", which must match the folder name exactly when extracted manually
- Change the newly extracted mod folder name to match it
- Run the game if it is not already open.
- Pause, open the mods menu, and check the checkbox by the mod's name.
- If the mod is an unsafe mod and requires special permissions, enable unsafe mods by clicking the
Unsafe modsbutton. Take caution in doing this, however, as this grants the mod almost unlimited access to your computer and its files.
Restart with enabled mods active. This will reload your save with your new mod.
- Congratulations, your mod is installed!