This spell creates a short-lived spherical area at the point of casting which is capable of digging through dense rock, but nothing harder (such as extremely dense rock).
It is not very effective for combat, but can be used in a pinch.
- A really useful tool if combined with the right wand with sufficiently low cast delay and, to a lesser extent, recharge time (for example the second starting wand).
- It can be used to dig through soft ground very easily, and to get gold really fast. Hundreds of gold can be fairly easily amassed without any real danger, especially in the second biome on the main path, Coal Pits.
- If used with the Increase Duration projectile modifier, the spell will "drip" white balls, digging in the ground beneath the cast area.
- Just like Chainsaw, Digging Bolt can be used to reduce the recharge time of any wand in which it is cast, though with slightly less efficiency due to its small positive modifier to cast delay.
- Along with Digging Blast, this spell has the property of overriding any other sounds generated by the spell. Because of this, adding Explosive Projectile will cause the explosion sound not to play. This is particularly useful when making endgame teleport wands in order to avoid constant loud sounds.