|Spell modifiers that cause projectiles to transmute nearby materials.|
Chaotic Transmutation is a projectile modifier which causes affected projectiles to transmute most liquids and some powders into a random liquid or powder (from a limited set) in a moderate radius around them as they travel. The transmutation result is selected when the projectile is created, so a single projectile will always have the same transmutation effect for its whole lifetime.
When the modifier is applied to a projectile, there are two possible material lists that the transmutation will draw from. There is a 98% chance that the normal material list is selected, and only a 2% chance that the rare material list is chosen. There is always an equal probability for any material in the chosen list to be used as the transmutation result. The below table breaks down the exact material lists and the overall probabilities of each outcome.
Each of these materials has an equal chance to be chosen. The overall probability of getting any single result from this list is 5.44%.
Each of these materials has an equal chance to be chosen. The overall probability of getting any single result from this list is 0.2857%
Chaotic Transmutation's effect applies to a handful of the most common liquids and powders. The tables below list all the materials that its effect will transmute.
|Whiskey||Toxic Sludge||Gunpowder||Burning Powder|
|Oil||Slime||Bone Dust||Hell Slime|
|Worm Blood||Fungus Blood|
- Since it comes with limited charges and you cannot control what the modifier will create, this spell is not especially useful for combat purposes.
- This spell is affected by the Unlimited Spells perk.
- Combining this spell with Ground To Sand will allow it to additionally transform any solid non-powder material by first transmuting it to sand, which will then will be transmuted by this spell.
- Be very cautious when using this spell; Lava and Acid are easily capable of killing players, and although the Polymorphine possibilities are rarer, they can prove even more deadly.
- Because the transmutation effect is determined when the spell is cast, it can be applied to a spell like Dormant Crystal to create permanent conversion zones for generating desirable materials. These can be moved around with a Kuu if needed.
- Since Acid is present in both the normal and rare material lists, it has an overall probability of ~1/17.5 of being chosen as the transmutation result.
- These materials can be extremely rare / hard to find outside of this spell.