Chaotic Polymorphine is a purple liquid substance that magically transforms a creature it touches into any other random creature.
Chaotic Polymorphine turns the target into a random enemy or passive creature which can include anything from Helvetinmato to fish. The only invalid transformation result is the player character itself and certain select enemies, typically boss enemies.
All abilities of the new creature becomes available to the affected upon assuming the new form, which means if a weak miner hiisi turns into a worm he'll be able to tunnel around the map for the entire duration while being much harder to kill and bleeding worm blood.
Similarly, if the player turns into a fire spirit while submerged, they'll instantly die due to exposure to liquid, which snuffs its flames.
While transformed, all damage done to the player only affects the new form and won't hurt the player character once it's effect ends. If the new form dies, the player character dies too however.
This substance is extremely risky but rewarding to use, being able to turn the player into a powerful pseudo-boss enemy, or a totally defenceless fish which will die in one hit.
- Like a few other Magical Liquids, Chaotic Polymorphine can spawn naturally in pools in the Ancient Laboratory.
- There is a maximum limit of polymorphing attempts before the transformation becomes permanent. The game will display messages indicating the gods are getting angry with the player, eventually issuing the message The gods are very angry with you at around 70-80 transformations. Every transformation thereafter has a chance to be permanent, and once a permanent transformation has occurred, polymorph will no longer affect the player.
- While polymorphed into an enemy, you will not be attacked by other enemies not hostile to that faction (for example, Hiisi will not attack other Hiisi). This will not ignore Berserkium, though, which makes an enemy creature attack everything regardless of faction. It is common for summoned or charmed creatures, including Plague Rats and Homunculi to attack a polymorphed player on sight.
- You can dispel the effects of Personal Fireball Thrower on an enemy or yourself by polymorphing it.
- The player will become a valid target for Homing while polymorphed. If you shoot a wand with the Homing modifier on the spells and are then polymorphed, the shots will target you as well.
- Can be created by mixing regular Polymorphine and Toxic Sludge.